- U.S. Department of Education. Higher Education Opportunity Act – 2008. www2.ed.gov
- Federal Student Aid. Types of Aid. studentaid.ed.gov
- Gregory D. Kutz. FOR-PROFIT COLLEGES Undercover Testing Finds Colleges Encouraged Fraud and Engaged in Deceptive and Questionable Marketing Practices. United States Government Accountability Office, GAO-10-948T: Published: Aug 4, 2010.
- Business Wire (December 14, 2009). $78.5 Million Settlement In Whistleblower Lawsuit Against University of Phoenix.
- The United States Department of Justice (DOJ). (November 16, 2015). For-Profit College Company to Pay $95.5 Million to Settle Claims of Illegal Recruiting, Consumer Fraud and Other Violations. www.justice.gov. (Accessed November 2016)
- The United States Department of Justice (DOJ). (June 24, 2015). For-Profit Education Company to Pay $13 Million to Resolve Several Cases Alleging Submission of False Claims for Federal Student Aid. (Accessed November 2016)